2.19 p.m., may 10th, 2006: a most provocative telemarketer call.
"hello. may i speak with charlene? if you have any questions please call 1.800.3611. bye."
1. who is charlene?
2. am i charlene?
3. is that the question i'm supposed to have?
4. should i have other questions?
5. am i fantastically incurious if i don't have questions?
6. what kind of phone number is 1.800.3611?
7. it's obviously bogus, right?
8. did she misread it?
9. did i mishear it?
10. am i a bigger deafo than i knew?
11. who wrote this phone script?
12. were they kidding?
13. were their working conditions dissatisfactory?
14. was this their mutiny?
15. who made the call?
16. how much was she paid?
17. is she illiterate?
18. did she deviate from the script?
19. was this recorded for quality control purposes?
20. do i even know a charlene?